Pioneering research using the latest technologies for over 90 years
Research is fundamental for Sunstar’s efforts to develop products and solutions that help people everywhere achieve better health and enhance their quality-of-life.
Our Research Fields
Sunstar’s research covers three areas: Mouth & Body, Health & Beauty, and Safety & Environment.
This strategy supports Holistic Health Care - our 360° approach to total well-being.
Mouth & Body
Taking care of the health of our mouth can improve the health of our body and contribute to a better quality-of-life. This is why our research efforts focus on innovative solutions that promote optimal oral health.
Health & Beauty
To help people live healthy lives, our skin care, hair care and healthy foods are based on the latest progressive research to engage the human body’s natural healing power.
Safety & Environment
Sunstar has always had a strong focus on research to develop adhesives, sealants and coating materials used in building and automobile manufacturing.
For our scientific activities, we collaborate with world-leading universities and research institutes, positioning ourselves at the forefront of innovation.
Grants & Award Opportunities
Sunstar is dedicated to being involved in pioneering research. Through several research grants and awards, we aim to stimulate and support scientists to carry out ground-breaking research that can help people everywhere improve their health and quality-of-life.
FDI World Dental Federation
FDI World Dental Federation serves as the principal representative body for more than one million dentists worldwide, developing health policy and continuing education programmes, speaking as a unified voice for dentistry in international advocacy and supporting member associations in global oral health promotion activities. Sunstar is an active partner of FDI and has participated to multiple projects such as the FDI’s Sports Dentistry project, the Oral cancer guidelines, and the Vision 2020 project.
European Federation of Periodontology (EFP)
The EFP, founded in 1991, is one of the largest dental organizations in Europe, currently with 29 National Periodontal Member Societies. Periodontology encompasses the study and treatment of diseases and disorders of the supporting tissues of the teeth, including the gums and bone. Although the most common are gingivitis and periodontitis, there is a large number of other conditions that need to be recognized and managed. Sunstar proudly supports EFP since 2009 and have run multiple projects such as Oral health and Diabetes toolkit.
American Academy of Periodontology (AAP)
The American Academy of Periodontology (AAP) is a professional organization for periodontists – specialists in the prevention, diagnosis, and treatment of diseases affecting the gums and supporting structures of the teeth, and in the placement of dental implants. Periodontists are also dentistry’s experts in the treatment of oral inflammation. The Academy’s purpose is to advance the periodontal and general health of the public and promote excellence in the practice of periodontics. Sunstar supports AAP since many years at the Diamond sponsors level and from 2020 we will be the exclusive sponsor for the AAP annual meeting general session.
Spanish Society of Periodontology and Osseointegration (SEPA)
The Spanish Society of Periodontology ‘s mission is to investigate, inform and improve the scientific, clinical and technical training of periodontists, general dentists, hygienists, clinic assistants and other professionals in periodontics, implantology and oral health in general, as well as ensuring their professional interests and raise public awareness of the importance of taking care of gingival health.
Partner with Sunstar
We believe that collaborating with other organizations and institutions is key to achieving our goals. Interested in becoming a partner with Sunstar?
Sunstar has established itself as a global expert in several research fields. Find out where our research facilities are located.
- Our two plants in Schaumburg and Springboro focus the research efforts on the Mouth & Body and Safety Support & High Technology fields.
- Our two R&D centers in Schlieren and Etoy are focused on the Mouth & Body field, in particular, research on oral care solutions.
- Our two facilities in Schönau and Rain provide research across Mouth & Body, and Safety Support & High Technology.
- Our R&D department in Limbiate is focused on improving our Safety Support & High Technology Solutions.
- Our three facilities in Singapore provide research across Mouth & Body, Health & Beauty, Healthy Living Environment, Safety Support & High Technology.
- Our two plants in Samutprakam focus on our Safety Support & High Technology solutions.
- Our facility in West Java provides research on Safety Support & High Technology.
- Our facility in Guangzhou provides research for both our consumer and industrial solutions.
- Our seven facilities in Shiga, Yamanashi, Shizuoka, Osaka Niigata and Tokyo provide research across Mouth & Body, Health & Beauty, Healthy Living Environment, Safety Support & High Technology.
Pioneering research powers innovation at Sunstar. We are continuously engaged in research with the latest technologies across three areas: Mouth & Body, Health & Beauty, and Safety & Environment.